Cheltenham Literature Festival

I'm very excited to announce that I'm part of the volunteer team at Cheltenham Literature Festival this year! I stumbled upon it quite by accident last year (I just happened to be in the city visting my boyfriend when it was on) and fell instantly in love with it. I think this was primarily to do with the fact that Emma Thomspon was in town! I jumped at the chance to volunteer this year and now here I am, sat next to my suitcase preparing to travel down there tomorrow- it's a hefty five hour train journey from my home on the North Yorkshire Moors!

Celebrity highlights at the festival this year include Richard Curtis (Four Weddings and a Funeral / Notting Hill), Dame Judi Dench, Brian Blessed, and Damian Lewis of Homeland fame (although I know him best as Soames from the Forsyte Saga). On the more traditional side of things there's talks with Ian McEwan (Atonement), David Nicholls (One Day), Hilary Mantel (Wolf Hall), Nick Hornby (About a Boy) and Sarah Waters (Fingersmith) to name but a few, alongside performances from the Royal Shakespeare Company. Safe to say that I'm in for an exciting few weeks!

This does all mean however that I might be absent from blogging for a while. I'll try and do a few posts telling you what I've been up to, but with no laptop or WiFi where I'm staying, quick updates from my phone in Starbucks may have to suffice! There'll be more frequent posts over on my Twitter @VictoriaWardman, so feel free to follow me there!

Have you ever been to Cheltenham Literature Festival, or any other Lit Fest for that matter? I'd love to know about your experiences! And if you're going to Cheltenham this year let me know so I can keep an eye out for you! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey