Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's topic is bookish blogging confessions...
1) Being a stereotypical Yorkshire farmer I'm as stingy as they come. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and this extends to books. I LOVE browsing Waterstones or any other full price book shop- they're my first port of call when I have time to kill- but I very rarely buy anything. Sorry. On the other hand I can't walk past a second hand bookshop/booksale without having a check to see what they've got!
2) I have an addiction to downloading free kindle e-books. At my last count I had over 200! I don't even own a kindle; I just have the basic app on my phone and check the top 100 free books list at least once a day.
3) I've never bought an e-book. Handy as they are, I just much prefer paperbacks, and can't justify buying a book that I can't have a physical copy of!
3) I DO judge a book by it's cover. No matter how hard I try I just can't help it. Even if I'm reading books in a series I try and get the editions with matching covers. Makes absolutely no difference but they look prettier!
4) I have library books that I've had out for months because I've too many other books to get through, and I can't bear to take them back unread.
5) I have a bad habit of reading ahead. I try and avoid reading the last few pages, but I do sometimes skip to the end of a chapter if things are getting tense/awkward, just to make sure everything turns out all right.
6) I'm addicted to requesting ARCs but I'm so behind with reading them! I've actually had to ban myself from NetGalley...
7) I love film adaptations of books. They're rarely true to the book, but I like the idea of them being the director's interpretation of the story. Gives you an excuse to read the book again afterwards too!
8) I'm really slow at getting posts written up. I have a notebook that I jot down notes and draft reviews in for the books that I'm reading, but for some reason it takes me ages to get round to typing them up. I end up having to set aside entire afternoons just to get caught up!
9) I review everything I read. Regardless of how relevant it is, or how popular a title it is, if I finished it I'll post about it.. eventually.
10) One of my worst habits is leaving a book unread for months, then randomly deciding one day that it needs to be read. Now. If it's one I'm not that bothered about I'll skim read it in a couple of hours. If it's one I really like then I'll carry it with me all day and read a chapter at every opportunity until it's finished. I tend to read at night normally so when this happens my family get pretty puzzled!
What are your bookish blogging confessions?