Book A Day 23: Made to Read at School

There are obviously a ton of choices for this category, from the classics like Romeo and Juliet and Persuasion, to the dreaded Lord of the Flies. On reflection I've decided to go for something that if it weren't for school I would probably have never discovered. Othello by William Shakespeare is a play that I would never have chosen to read for myself, but I absolutely loved it, and four years on I can still remember the odd quotation! I read it at A-Level alongside The Great Gatsby, another book I'm ashamed to admit that I wouldn't have looked at a few years ago- and my outlook on reading changed forever.

Which books were you made to read at school? Did you enjoy any of them? Join in the #bookaday fun on Twitter, and check out my other choices here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans