Book A Day 12: I Pretend to Have Read it.

There is one book that I vividly remember pretending to have read: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. One of my friends lent it to me while we were at Primary School and I kept it for a few weeks out of politeness. I think she twigged that I hadn't got past the first page though! It was the hype around the books that put me off - I even remember putting Harry Potter into "Room 101" during an English class! These days people just assume that I've read the entire Harry Potter series, and I don't bother to correct them!

What books have you pretended to have read, and why? To impress people, to fit in, or for another reason entirely? Head over to Twitter to join in the #bookaday conversation, and have a gander at my other #bookaday choices here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey