May Book Haul

Again I only allowed myself two books from the library today (I renewed five so I've plenty to get through!)

The Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quicke

I saw the film adaptation of this last year and loved it, so I'm excited to read the book!
"Imagine that your life is a film directed by God. A romcom, obviously, complete with happy-ever-after ending. Before the credits roll, there will, of course, be tears, tantrums and misunderstandings, but you know you'll get there - and get your girl - in the end.
Welcome to Pat's world.
It's a world of silver linings and true love, but also a world where God makes movies and Kenny G lurks in your attic - and when Pat inadvertently befriends the tragic Tiffany, he begins to question whether or not he might just have got the genre wrong.
For anyone who loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time or Little Miss Sunshine, The Silver Linings Playbook is a novel about love, life and American football... and what happens when the woman you love isn't the woman of your dreams."


The Edge of Never - J.A Redmerski

"Twenty-year-old Camryn has always known that she wants a life less ordinary. But when tragedy strikes,
she boards the next bus leaving town, destination unknown. On a journey of self-discovery, she meets another lost soul, Andrew Parrish, who harbours his own dark secrets...
Andrew shows Cam what it's like to live by your own rules and how good it feels to give in to your deepest, darkest desires. But the dark shadow of Andrew's secret is looming. Will it push them together - or tear them apart forever?"




I also received an e-copy of One Night in Italy by Lucy Diamond  to review via NetGalley (click on the cover to find out more and request it yourself!)









As always, I got a fair few Kindle freebies this month too, but I'm thinking of doing a separate post for them, it's becoming an addiction!

What are you excited to read this week?


Comments

  1. These all look like great reads! I started watching Silver Linings Playbook, but I didn't finish for some reason? I think I should read the book first. And, I just added The Edge of Never to my Goodreads list! Looking forward to seeing what you thought about these:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans