Top Ten Tuesday: Most Unique Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week, the theme is Most Unique books I've read. I found this list tricky to come up with, as most books are unique in their own way, give or take a cliché or two. Nevertheless, these few books stand out above the rest:


1) The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Such a unique spin of the idea of time travel, I couldn't put this book down! (See here for my review)


2) The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
This little gem seems to be featuring on all of my lists lately but it really is something special!


3) Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
Because who can say that Wonderland isn't unique! That, plus the mixture of poetry and nonsense that leaves the reader as perplexed as Alice herself makes for a one of a kind read.


4) Dracula - Bram Stoker
The book that launched a thousand vampires. I've lived near Whitby my entire life, but only had the guts to read Dracula last year. Really not my thing, but unique nonetheless.


5) Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
One of my all time favourite classic books. Gothic fiction meets period romance plot, and it works amazingly well.


6) Peter Pan - J.M Barrie
Neverland will forever be my favourite fictional world, and this is the book that started it all.


7) Macbeth - William Shakespeare
Acting out the witches' scenes during Year 9 English classes is a memory that still haunts me. It's odd, it's creepy, it's one of a kind.


8) Regeneration - Pat Barker
Another one read at school that has stuck with me. A haunting fictional look at the poets of the First World War.


9) Bridget Jones' Diary - Helen Fielding
I've yet to read the latest instalment (I'm still too angry from the spoilers!), but the original is witty, innovative and so relatable. I can totally see myself being a Bridget in ten years!


10) Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen
A unique setting and an addictive story, such a brilliant book! (See here for my review)







How about you? What are the most unique books you've read?

Comments

  1. You have so many great books on your list!
    I really want to read The Great Gatsby and Water for Elephants.
    I only came up with 5 books for my TTT list: http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl/2014/04/top-ten-tuesday-most-unique-books-ive.html

    Happy reading!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to come up with ten, I was surprised at how tricky it was! I would definitely recommend Gatsby and Water for Elephants, they're both brilliant :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Summer in Tuscany by Domenica De Rosa

Feature and Follow Friday: Featured Blogger!

Review: The Wardrobe Mistress by Natalie Meg Evans